This is an adaptation of: http://www.food.com/recipe/best-pumpkin-cookies-185445
I’m sure those are very good too, but I was looking for something a bit healthier and that would use ingredients that I had on hand.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin (see note below if you are preparing your own)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tub of ultra light Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- a dash of orange flavoring (or whatever you like best).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready some ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and syrup together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pumpkin and egg.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
- Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until nice and brown.
- Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
- Prepare Glaze: Mix sugar, cream cheese, and orange extract until drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies once they have cooled.
- Store in airtight container.